Our classrooms: The accomplishments of our students & teachers together are the purpose of an education system & must stay at the forefront of discussions.
- Access and opportunity for K-12 and post-high school students.
- Funding as an investment for students access, achievement, and futures.
- College as a financial concern: education is the best investment for our children, but it comes with a price for families.
- Teaching and learning must remain the focus for decision-making.
- Teachers, other education professionals, and their salaries, safe and supportive working conditions, dignity and respect.
OUR JOBS: AS EMPLOYEES, WE WORK TO SUPPORT OURSELVES AND OUR HOUSEHOLDS. WE EXPECT FAIR PAY AND SAFE WORKING CONDITIONS.
- We all know how our jobs provide income for our home and family needs. In the bigger picture, the vitality of our households shapes the economic health of our communities and our state. We also see that good jobs and workplaces benefit from workers' insights and worksite culture. I value dynamic employer-employee relationships that strengthen our economy and Utah families.
our homes and neighborhoods: We rely on our secure homes, safe neighborhoods, and a well-maintained Water system as we build our lives and our kids' futures.
- Many of us know the impacts of health, addiction, and air quality factors. We rely on well-informed, responsive leaders to listen and work with our community to create both the dialogue and solutions on issues that affect us all. I am committed to growing our community connections and to build realistic resolutions with you.
OUR Humanity: WE have all seen how our increasing ability to share information and ideas about politics can make words and actions grow bolder.
- We all have similar dreams as well as obstacles. Our best work will be done together, and I will be a strong, sensible leader who leads dialogue positively and respectfully. It's not a matter of being "politically correct" to behave with respect and civility. Audacity and message are lost if they are expressed in an obnoxious, offensive manner.